Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Food Truck Review for July


Food truck review for July: ( I know I am Late)
On July 1, 2010 Baltimore Food Truck Gathering took place (422 N. Central Ave) it had all the food trucks from Baltimore City. I went with three friends and got to try several items from different food trucks. On July 1st I went to Miss Shirley Café Food Truck, Soup-er Freak, and Dangerous Delicious pies. On June 27th 2011 the Gypsy Queen Café advertised a mini food truck gathering that include them, the Silver Platter and again Dangerous Delicious Pies. So below, I ranked trucks from “average” to “I will be their again no matter what”:
Miss Shirley Café was okay. Service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the The Alonsoville ($11.99) which is a sandwich with smoked turkey, brie, Granny Smith apples, sprouts, lettuce, tomato & honey mustard on ciabatta. It was served with mixed greens with Balsamic poppy seed vinaigrette. I also copped an order of gumbo ($4.99) which had andouille, chicken, shrimp, crawfish meat, okra & tomatoes served with brown rice. The salad was amazingly fresh!!!!!! I loved the salad AND dressing. The gumbo was ok; it was sort of bland. The sandwich was ok; filling if you’re starving, but not super flavorful.
The Gypsy Queen Café was average. I always read their menu on Twitter, so I picked a safe item: the Crab tacos, which on that night were 2 for $10. I have never had cabbage on a taco and I loved it. I love all the insides in the taco but not the shell. The shell was weird. The Crab meat was sweet and the sauce on top was peppery and delicious. I will give the gypsy Queen another chance cause they had other things I wanted to try so I will track them down and see them again!
The Silver Platter: So I ordered Pulled Pork for a friend. He seemed to enjoy every bit. I ordered the Coney Island Ribbon Fries ($2.50). My fries were interesting, and they were good. I love potatoes and they were super thin , like eating fried strings of potatoes. I loved every bite of the potatoes. My only issue was that you could taste they fried the potatoes in oil with another product - probably the vegetable ribbons, because there were hints of sweet potato and carrots. But overall I will be ordering the ribbon fries again.
Soup-er Freak: OMG just with one soup you have won me over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had your Chilled Sangria soup made with Broody sangria and melons. Oh, this soup was refreshing and sweet. I have daydreams about this soup. I want to come back and try more food. You have a loyal customer in me when you come back!
Honorable Mention: Dangerously Delicious Pies
I keep ordering pies and never get to try it, but everyone who I give the pie to loves them! So until I get a chance they get a good. I love your customer service!!!
Kooper's Chowhound Burger Wagon: I only had your fries and I loved them when I find you again I will order some and may even check out other items on your menu!
P.S. There is another Wednesday Night Food Truck gathering Tonight with Kooper's Chowhound, The Gypsy Queen and the Sliver Platter. The Gathering- Take 2 on Friday August 5th from 5-9 pm in Fells Point more specifically: ‎901 south wolf street in fells point across from redstar

Links are below:

No comments:

Post a Comment