Friday, July 8, 2011

To Tired to cook so ...

So Last night June 29, 2011 I went to the Grilled Cheese and co. Located in Catonsville
500 Edmondson Avenue. You would easily get lost if you don't use GPS or pay attention. The first time I went too far on Edmondson and this time I made the wrong turn off of 695. This is my second time going I went once back in February and loved it the first time! The fries were hot and Sandwich was beyond delicious. So I wanted to replicate the magic I felt from the first time I went. Almost like the
first time you have great sex you want to repeat it. I wanted hot fries with an overly cheesy sandwich, the kind that makes normal people submit to the cheesiness. My first time I ordered the Crabby Melt and I was in heaven until I broke in hives. (I am allergic to random stuff). The fries were shoestring Fries, thin, salted, hot and good. The second time around I took a friend and tried the underground
Menu. This is another reason I love this place they have two menus.


The normal one that is posted in the wall (it is painted on the wall) and the underground menu that you have to go to there website to see. Also they have monthly special like this month it was The Islander with Pepper Jack Cheese, Jerk Shrimp, Mango Salsa finished with a Citrus Jerk Sauce. They ran out of shrimp so maybe next time. So I got
the All cheesed out from the underground menu. My friend got the Kickn' BBQ Chicken sandwich. I should describe the "All Cheesed Out" cause the name didn't lie it is Cheddar, Provolone, Havarti, American, Swiss, and Monterey Jack Cheese on Ciabatta. Through it seemed like plain white bread. My friend got the Kickn' BBQ which has
Pepper Jack Cheese, Grilled Chicken, red onions and Sweet BBQ sauce.
Also they serve Sweet Potato fries (sweet potato fries done right are amazing!!!!). Service to me was pretty awesome. The cashier was friendly and knowledgeable he knew what I meant when I ordered off the Underground Menu. Also we sat at a table and brought the Food to us. The first thing that came out was the fries.

Which I am sad to say was luke warm. I mean these were not the fries I remember. They were without life, no sustenance at all. Even the sweet potato fries lacked inspiration. What was further disappointing there was no specialty sauce for the sweet potato fries. No Honey dipping sauce, No creamy sweet sauce it was given to use for lack of a
better description Raw. My fries were no better, they were ok. After a
few moments our food came out. I have to say the sandwich were hot
and was delicious with the first bite. I mean the cheese was thick and
drippy (in a good way) . My Sandwich was a good size it wasn't tiny
but you need two hands to eat half and the other half will be you late
night snack or lunch for the next day. When I bit into my sandwich it tasted like a pollo cheese stick melted between to slices of white bread. I put some ketchup on it and it reminded me of being a kid. When I was 9 coming home after school and having a grilled cheese sandwich watching Pirates of Dark Water or Wishbone. From the look on my friends face either he was super hungry or the sandwich was good. Overall, I love good service, it means they understand customer service and I still have three more sandwiches I want to try. This time the food did not replicate the magic, it did not make say mmmmmm aloud. I was slight disappointed but it takes 3 times before I write a place off as never again. Like my last review, it a cool place for a date, the atmosphere is chilled and relaxed. I hope next time they will have hot fries. If you have never been go, the Smashed meatballs sandwich is good. The Crabby Melt is awesome, the all cheesed out on paper looks good but Cheddar and American cheese was fighting for dominance. I do know that the left over are always better the second day. So my lunch hopefully will be super good.
Sign Off,

Molecular Cell

P.S.

The Second half of my sandwich was decimated by a starving 19 year old my brother. So it had to be good the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment