Saturday, December 31, 2011

Asparagus Simple and Delicious!!!!


Reasons you should eat more Asparagus:
·          Low in calories,
·         Contains no fat or cholesterol.
·         A good source of potassium.
·         An excellent source of folacin, thiamin and vitamin B6. 
·         Contains glutathione (GSH). 
·         It’s an Aphrodisiac that right there is enough for me!

Over the Christmas Holiday I made some Roasted Asparagus for my Granny. She loves Asparagus and I don’t mind making it cause well look at the above list. I found a very nifty recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Recipe App. I decided to give it a try. Traditionally, Asparagus is steamed, roasted or grilled. One can add a little olive oil, butter or lemon just to enhance the flavor. I omitted the Parmeasan Cheese and replace with onions and peppers with a squirt of Fresh Lemon Juice.

  • 1 pound of asparagus
  • 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash
  • 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
  • ¼ cup of Onions and peppers
  • Squirt of Fresh Lemon Juice ( 1- 2 teaspoons)

  1. Preheat the oven to 450* F
  2. Place the asparagus, onions and peppers in a 2-quart baking dish drizzle the olive oil over top. I may have used more than 1 tablespoon. I am kind of heavy handed.
  3. Spinkle the Mrs. Dash and Black pepper over top of the Aspargus.  ( add the lemon here if you want but you don’t have to)
  4. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes. Tossing about 8 ½ minutes into the baking process. Allow to cook for the remainder of the time left.
  5. Remove from the oven and serve!

* I added a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan about a Tablespoon. I was afraid it would burn.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment