Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vanilla


You know what you should do (besides officially following our blog. Let your love for us be known!)? YOU should make your own Vanilla.
1. Super Easy!
2. Cheap (in the long run)
3. Yummy

Easy: For every 1 cup of alcohol use 3 split vanilla beans. *The end should stay attached.* You can use any glass container. I used a glass bottle with a swing top. You can use any alcohol. I used 1 cup of Vodka and 1 cup of Bourbon. Keep it in a cool dark place for at least a month and then go to town. Give it a shake once a week.
Cheap: After you blow the first $30 dollars, You just add alcohol to the beans. I am sure you have something in your house. You can do this for up to 7 years. (seriously)
Yummy: A lot of commercial Vanilla has added water or even worse caramel color (yuck). This is the real deal. It gives you a lot of bang for your buck.


So, do it.

My cost
$ 4.99 for the bottle  
$ 15 for 6 Vanilla Beans
$ 20 for liquor 
*I got my stuff at local shops, but if you are feeling lazy surf the web!







No comments:

Post a Comment