Thursday, December 22, 2011

Santa Would Love These Cookies!!!


    It’s finally the Christmas Season! I love it not for the gifts but for what the true Meaning of Christmas means to me the closing out another year, spending time with friends and family.  One last attempt to make the world a better place through charitable giving!  I also love what Christmastime brings around…. FOOD! I love the cookies, pies, cakes, casseroles, Mac and Cheese, and Candied Sweet Potatoes. I will admit it I was taught at a very early age to love and enjoy food.  I finally had a day off and I decide to make some cookies. I love baking cookies around Christmas, it makes the house smell yummy, its nice to nibble on during a Charlie Brown Christmas Special (thank you Hulu.com) and I always have to make cookies for Santa in hopes he would get me what I wanted usually an ant farm or a chemistry set. However, OLD Santa Nick (Mom) brought clothes and dolls that I would eventually dissect.  To me there are three traditional cookies you have to make for Santa Claus (aka the Parent buying the gift) they are Chocolate Chip, Sugar Cookies or Peanut Butter Cookies.  I decided to take a twist on traditional Peanut Butter Cookies add in A little banana and white Chocolate chips and Viola the recipe below.

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • ¾ cup peanut butter banana Spread (Harry and David)
  • ½ cup butter softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  •  ½  teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup of granulated brown sugar
  • ½ cup~ 1cup White Chocolate Chips
  • 30 ml 99 Banana Liqueur or ½ tsp of Imitation Banana Extract
  • 1 teaspoon of Honey
  • Splash of Vanilla extract


  1. Heat oven to 350°F.
  2. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, banana liqueur, honey and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy,for about 2~3 mins. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt mix well( cause sometimes when not mixed properly you can get cookies that taste like baking soda)  Add in the White Chocolate Chips.
  3. Refrigerate the batter for 30 mins.
  4. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls, about 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely. For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.

*Next time I will attempt an egg free cookie by using just Banana’s instead of an egg.
*I accidently brought Granulated Brown Sugar but it worked just as well.


 Reference:
Rich Creamy Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies by Elise  Posted Dec 18, 2005


Hey you get 2 for 1 deal I had Extra Peanut Butter so I made Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.

 

Peanut Butter Toffee Bars


·         1 cup Peanut Butter Banana Spread
·         1/2 cup Crisco Butter flavored Spread, softened
·         3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
·         1/2 cup brown granulated sugar
·         1 tsp. vanilla extract
·         1 tsp. 99 Banana Liqueur
·         2 eggs
·         2 cups all-purpose flour
·         1/2 tsp. salt
·         ½ cup  White chocolates Chips and
·         ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
·         Several Hershey Kisses


DIRECTIONS
1.      Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8x8-inch baking pan; set aside.
2.      In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat Peanut Butter, Spread, brown sugar, brown granulated sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
3.      Beat in eggs, then flour blended with salt. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
4.      Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to wire rack and immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes.
5.      Evenly spread melted chocolate, then sprinkle with cool completely. To serve, cut into bars.
My co-worker demolished them before I knew it. 
Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment